Beware of heavy things falling from unstable piles!! Mom gave me a closet to store junk from my apartment in (yay -- now I have room in my bedroom closet again!), and I have piled it high. I was just looking for something and my iron fell on my head, so now I have an ice-pack tied on my forehead to try and diminish the pump-knot as much as possible before my interview this afternoon. :-} That means I have to type with my nose up in the air, and my neck is getting a crick in it. :-(
We leave for Mexico tomorrow! I was just at WalMart buying some last craft supplies for our time with the kids. We found out that our Bible lessons will have to be Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and Friday nights because those are the only times we'll have a translator. We planned a series on Peter, starting with his call to become a fisher of men, going through Jesus' discipling time, Peter's denial, and his new power when the Holy Spirit came on him. Different people are telling the stories every day, which makes it easy for me -- Erin and I get to tell the last story of Peter's transformation. I'm excited about that.
We also get to teach Sunday school this Sunday. We will have somewhere between 40 and 60 5-11-year-olds to teach. We haven't had time to plan this yet, either... that will happen on Saturday evening. It's hard to work in planning time when people live far away from each other and they're all working at various jobs. I have a day job, other people have evening/weekend jobs... it's hard to coordinate.
God has been blessing in amazing ways, though. We were worried about two things: getting passports in time and getting enough funds. Both of those prayers were answered -- the last two group members' passports came about two weeks ago, and just two days ago we received the last of the money we needed. Thanks for your prayers and support!
Packing is fun. I'm assuming I will be able to do laundry so I don't have to take much. Mexican modesty is a bit different too, especially since we want to be careful not to bring any possible shame to the name of Jesus. So we're leaving behind tank tops and making sure we have long pants or skirts for when we go off the Casa grounds. Maybe that will be too much precaution -- but it's the dress code we heard from Casa leaders, so we'll definitely follow it.
Please pray -- that we will give control of the trip and our lives to God who has been doing such a good job of coordinating everything, that God will provide safety, health, and peace while traveling (one of our group has never been in a plane before! And many of us have never been outside the country), that we will be able to develop good relationships with the kids and staff at the Casa, that God will do amazing things, and that He will keep us focused on Him and protect us from doubts and other attacks from the prince of this world. Thanks! I look forward to telling you what God does. It has already been an amazing trip, just during the preparation time, so I'm excited to see what happens down there.
Thursday, May 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Have a wonderful time giving and growing, loving and reflecting the light of Jesus. I am excited for you---Karlynn leaves on Sunday, and her good friend from high school is working at a camp all summer,so we are excited for missions this summer!!!
Blessings to you!
akv
Post a Comment