Spring Break!
This weekend Hannah and Nate came up from Sunnyside to visit. We went on a hike that was more difficult than I expected (but it was still really pretty from the top!) and then I dragged them along to my fundraiser. Three coffee-shops donated their space, we booked bands for them, and people could donate an admission charge. I got to take money and stamp hands, or else just watch and chat with friends. It was fun, although I can tell I'm not a college student anymore because I was SOOO tired by 9:30!
Now I am using spring break time to apply for summer and next year's jobs. So far I have booked a pre-screening interview, checked up on a couple of school districts that never replied to my substitute applications, and requested placement file stuff so that I am fully equipped for the job fairs that are coming up pretty soon.
Children's Program Planning
Since we're going to an orphanage in Tepic, Mexico, we're trying to get some plans made about what activities we'd like to do with the kids while we're there. We met on Wednesday last week to brainstorm. The decision was to plan a four-day Bible club program, hopefully with a water theme so it can tie in with our visit to the beach. There are all kinds of great water stories -- Jonah and the whale, Jesus walking on water, Fishers of men, the parting of the Red Sea, Jesus calming the ocean. We're planning to do puppets and acting out and various other things. And maybe we'll have a craft carnival one day where the kids can go around to different booths and make things.
Easter
The sermon yesterday was about how Easter is not celebrated as much as Christmas, and yet, it is what our entire faith stands upon. If Jesus hadn't been willing to die for my sins, I would be hopeless and helpless and on my way to hell. And if He hadn't been raised again, we would still be hopeless because only God's acceptance of His perfect sacrifice has made us right. The sermon yesterday went over the parallels between the Passover celebration and Jesus' sacrifice (now celebrated as the Lord's Supper). Both of them are a sacrifice, followed by a meal, followed by a journey.
Baptism
Four people from the young adults' group were baptized yesterday. Two of them I knew. That was pretty neat.
Jonathan -- thanks for the request to put up Idaho pictures. Actually, I was going to on this post but I can't find the one I was going to put up. I'll have to ask my sister where she filed it.
Monday, April 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I really find Easter to be important. It's a wonderful time of year to start fresh, isn't it?
hey ruth
you do sound busy...it will be interesting to see where God places you for the summer and the fall...in the meantime, enjoy the journey.
ab 4 the md 3
Post a Comment